Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Specs



Its that time again.

After 3? years its time to buy a new pair of specs. Lara snapped an arm off for fun the other day. But for me its not as easy as a trip to Dolland and Aitchison on a Saturday morning to replace them.

Specs redefine who you are in a way no other fashion item does. I can track what was going on in my life and what I was trying to portray to the world, through my various choices of specs. What is interesting about this pair is that I don't need to look intelligent, older or a technocrat as I have in the past in order to succeed in whatever job I was in. Now I feel free enough to wear what I want to wear, even if that maybe out there - and that is a good feeling.

My Joe 90's have served me well, but now its time to move on. But it takes time to choose and source new ones. My old ones are taped up for now as the quest continues - its a good look.

The funniest thing is the friends, with shall I say conservative tastes, who tell me I should get a pair of "modern specs".

HAHAHAHAHAHA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home