Saturday, January 15, 2005

Booze and the banality of life


This week has been the first week in a long time that i haven't had any booze. I'm doing it partly to lose weight and partly to prove to myself I'm not an alcoholic. I'm hoping to make it to February.

Its sparked some interesting conversations. Lou can have a glass of wine with her dinner for the taste alone. Not me. I want to get pissed. Not bladdered, just blur the edges of the day. Why? To postpone the banality of life for another day.

Unfortunately, booze does a very good job. Days become weeks become years, and the longer I postpone it, the less chance I have of actually doing anything about it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Williams said...

>I'm hoping to make it to February

Didn't make it to the end of the night.

11:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha.

Believe me it's not worth the effort.

Jerry

8:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro, it's in the genes, Jo can have a couple of glasses but I like you have to get to blurredom......I tried to do half caraffe's to curb it but then had the rest of the bottle!!! I am not an alcoholic, I just enjoy the reward and release at the end of the day, hey I said to Jo that I could always swap wine for sex....she gave me another bottle!!!

3:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home