Saturday, January 21, 2006

Sunday school

At it's core there is something very good for kids to learn about faith.

However, i don't want my kids to be sold a single pseudo-definitive story about God, the Correct way to live, what happens after they die - as they do if they attend a Christian, or any other single faith group. In my experience of mine and other kids, and through no fault of the kids, it breeds intolerance. I spend a lot of time counteracting the effect of it by outlining other peoples point of view - from humanist to other faiths. We no longer send them anywhere for this reason, which is ultimately pretty disappointing.

So I thought, wouldn't it be great if you had a Sunday school that was fun and taught about what people believe in a framework of tolerance. I'm going to see how feasible it is, or whether its already being done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home