Saturday, January 14, 2006

Photocasting hardware

The demo of photocasting from Uncle Steve last week was impressive, but what I'd want to combine it with ia a live updating picture 'frame'. I would want to be able to see it on the desktop like a printer, rather than from iphoto, and to be able to drag and drop rss feeds other apps to assign photo feeds to it.

You'd want to be able to set rules as to how to cycle photos, with different conditions for new ones and maybe a feedback mechanism to say that you had seen any new ones. But I guess to kep the costs down the media and logic would sit at the computer and only a little it of memory lcd and display driver would sit at the frame.

If I had oodles of money then I'd definitely get it into manufacturing an lcd photo frame. The market is going to be massive, and the current offerings have a dynamite combination of ugliness and clumsiness. There is plenty of room for improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home