Thursday, December 02, 2004

Guilt

James was in our bedroom and found something he shouldn't find - after continually asking us what it was and us telling him it wasn't something he needed to know about, we eventually told him it was a Christmas present for him.

Twenty mintes or so later he starts to complain that his tummy feels funny. By the time he goes to bed he tells me he knows what the feeling is - guilt. Bloody hell. Where has he got that from?

I reassured him that it wasn't his fault in the first place. In the one hand we were pleased that he could verbalise that feeling. But wow, that's man-shit.

I don't really do guilt. With three small children survival is our only goal. I refuse to add to the pressure with guilt about anything. It's hardly ever a positive force. When I think change is needed in my life I try to think it through and implement it without beating myself up. Hopefully I can pass that on to James.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home